Pages

Ads 468x60px

Blogroll

Young, Creative and Ambitious.

Thursday 2 October 2014

Long-term Mentality



I still remember what you told me when we were young
Stuck in the childhood ways
Naive and afraid of the dark
These memories creep into my mind every time I see you
I try to erase them, but they still keep coming
Tried hiding all the pictures we took
Tried ignoring your texts
I also decided to love no more
Because who knows,
may be I’ll get hurt
We share the same birth date
21 is our lucky number
March is the month that brings us together
We’ve lived for two decades
Knew each other after spending a decade in this life
You were different
Didn’t follow what other girls did, that made you special
I also remember we schooled together
Ate fries during lunch time; we made it through any weather
After school, I’d come at your place
Your young bro was my best friend
I used that as a tactic to have you close
I was clever; I succeeded
What bothers me is that we are now total strangers
I’m like a passer-by to you
I didn’t see this coming
But I accept the fact that you left
We depend on the past
We are products of the past
You were my past
At the present, you suddenly forgot me
I know you burnt that T-shirt I gave you
A reminisce to that day we were rained on
Then decided to seek shelter in an old hut
Only the two of us in a single storey construction
The only noise we heard was that of the thunder
You were shivering; so I held you next to me
The conduction, a genuine heat transfer mode
Our respiratory systems overworking
My presence added a new day to your life
Beautiful memories, with beautiful lessons
A whole new beginning, is what changed my life
You added a reason to my existence
Without you in the picture, it was pretty awkward
I finally accept but still treasure the memories

No comments:

Post a Comment