Pages

Ads 468x60px

Blogroll

Young, Creative and Ambitious.

Saturday 11 October 2014

International Accent



I went to India, and came back with a fake Indian accent. How would I prove to my friends that I travelled abroad? I think my accent started developing when I was at the Indian Airport. I kind of adapted their way of living. Six months of staying in a foreign country is worth experience.
Recently, a boy we schooled in the same school with finally got his Visa
to travel to the United States of America. I hope he also comes with an accent; an American one. He is so lucky to have gotten a scholarship to study abroad. I’m also lucky to have won a Kenyan ‘Hackathon’ competition (this is simply a completion involving innovative mobile application developers).
Back to where I was born and raised, there exist diverse indigenous accents. These originate from vernacular languages we speak. Kenya is a multi-ethnic country. There are more than 40 ethnic groups each speaking different languages.
Accents are valid. Fake ones just diminish our status.

No comments:

Post a Comment