Pages

Ads 468x60px

Blogroll

Young, Creative and Ambitious.

Wednesday 10 September 2014

The Climb




Some may call it the school of hard knocks.
I went through a hard life.
But whenever I feel like throwing in the towel, I remember where I came from.
My old man’s advices keep me going.
Though he preaches water and drinks wine, I’m going to live my life, my way.
I’m the driver of my life bus.
The passengers are the goals and objectives that guide me to achieve greatness.
You can feel my anguish through my writing.
My verses are porous, once you read them; they get absorbed in
your Medulla.
I’m grateful for the hard times.
Through them I have learned the good and bad.
Life is bitter sweet.
It has pros and cons just like drugs.
I live my life just like a drug addict.
Holding on to what keeps me going.
Making it a habit to what I can do best.
I’m climbing this life mountain.
It is so rugged that my shoes are wearing out.
At times, I meet mist and fog on my way to the top.
The hill top isn’t clear.
My instincts are vivid because I believe that I’m going to make it.
What if I fall in love on the way (which I rarely do)?
Will I continue climbing or get carried away by the tenderness that comes with love?
Love can change one’s life.
It can also change one’s perspective.
My perspective of the future will remain the same when I fall in love.
To me, loving is a normal habit.
I can’t let one beautiful girl prevent me from achieving what I’ve been yearning to have in years.
I’m going to keep on pushing.
Just like Kendrick Lamar, never will I surrender.
“I’ve been a warrior ever since I came through my mama’s placenta.”

No comments:

Post a Comment