Pages

Ads 468x60px

Blogroll

Young, Creative and Ambitious.

Wednesday 24 September 2014

My Newly Found Hobby



Hobbies may be hard to discover. Mine came out naturally. I didn’t just wake up one day and started perfecting in it. I had this feeling that made me try it out. Luckily, my instincts were correct. It is what I love to do during my free time. A day can not pass without embarking on it. Each day, my strengths towards it grow. I tend to perceive further insights the more I practice it.
I’m talking about creative writing. Back then in High school, the kind of writing we did was a little bit underground. We used to be enclosed into one way of creative thinking. We could not cross the border and explore great and wild stuff like the present times. It was like Academic writing, in which one is bound to focus on a specified theme. My interest in creative writing was low at that time. I used to score poorly in English due to the pressure our teachers put us in.
The present is good. I can now write freely, pour out my thoughts and learn from the critics. That is what creative writing should entail. I feel like the Ministry of Education in Kenya should adopt a different method in teaching creative writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment