Pages

Ads 468x60px

Blogroll

Young, Creative and Ambitious.

Wednesday 5 November 2014

An Album as an Art



There are a million definitions out there for the word art. Personally, I think it is a reflection of creative human thoughts. When someone is artistic, he/she has the gift to present something beautiful to the world; something out of careful contemplation and persistence; something that consumed time for it to be perfected.
Music is an art. Musicians, song-writers and producers are both gifted in their own capacities. The divergence of their number is relative to
the countless number of fans who listen to them. Every artist has his own fan-base. (This is due to the fact that we all have varying tastes and preferences)
The artist is usually tasked to present a master-piece to his fans; something that will ensure that they always listen to him. An album is the piece of art I’m talking about. This long awaited project should be skillfully crafted encompassing all the needs of the fans. Some artists will anticipate either a gain or a loss of fans after the release of an album.
Whenever I listen to an album, I see it as an artist’s project. I appreciate the time and effort he put to it. However, I’m very judgmental after my first listen. I will tend to rate the artist out of ten; this is basically driven by the message in the songs.
Does he convey a powerful message to the listeners? What literal tools does he employ to convey this message? Does his album have coherence from the first single to the last? Is the music production good enough?
These and many other questions come into my mind after listening to the whole project thrice, I can gauge the potential in an artist by his delivery and the music production in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment