Pages

Ads 468x60px

Blogroll

Young, Creative and Ambitious.

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Halloween dupe


I know this might sound crazy because we don’t celebrate Halloween here in Kenya. Literary, some do celebrate it; I’m referring to those who’ve got money that is worth their time.
You’ll find others in outfits mimicking the good old days. Gothic make ups which take quite some time to put on are among things which characterize this festive season.
My problem is not the way people celebrate it. It is rather by the way people neglect their normal selves and indulge in
creepy stuff. Be yourself; it is not like you just landed a role in a horror movie or something. Life still goes on after all this. Take time and reflect on the possible dangers you are putting yourself in.
I guess it is none of my business to even care why people live their lives the way they choose to. If you are Kenyan, act like one and stop copying/pasting western ways. You are bound to some morals and ethics which some Americans aren’t; It is called culture my friend; and what you are experiencing is cultural shock.
Is it even in the Kenyan calendar?  Are we even supposed to celebrate this as Africans? I can’t really seem to find an answer to this since this is not a question at the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment